Friday, January 4, 2008

Greetings!

Compilation albums are far too often overlooked by heavy metal fans and collectors alike. They are a great, and often inexpensive, way to get rare and exclusive tracks by obscure bands. I hope to expose some of these overlooked gems in this blog. I will also give details on which tracks are exclusive or differ from album versions and any other useful information I may have.

What genres will I cover? Everything from melodic rock to black metal, but the focus will mainly be on my favorite genres which are NWOBHM, power metal and good old fashioned heavy metal.

From what time period? Primarily 80s metal, but don't be surprised to see some albums from the early 90s or even late 70s.

When will I post? That's a good question! I'd love to be able to post a new album every week, but due to time constraints, this may my last post. Let's hope not.

No comments: